Sunday, August 17, 2008

Making a comeback

I know it has literally been a year since I was last active in posting entries on this blog, and frankly I don't know why I stopped.
I am going to do my best to keep up with it, as I think it is a great way to keep friends and family informed of what's going on in my busy life with three little boys. I also feel that it truly enhances relationships with loved ones.

This past weekend my Mom and Dad ( Mimi and Papa) came up. They were the surprise babysitters for the weekend. The boys were ecstatic! Kelly and I attended a fund raiser that had activities Thursday night, Friday night, and Saturday night. Kelly was also "required" to golf on Friday and Saturday. ;)

Needless to say the boys had a blast. Sean and Seth each got a pet fish. We'll see how that goes. They played with the new wood blocks that Papa brought from his trip to Ohio. They built cities and farms.
They are busy and precious.

School starts on Wednesday. Tomorrow is their open house. I cannot believe I have a first grader!!!!
He has kept up with his math and reading this summer.
He has read all 30 books that were "suggested" without any complaints.
I took the liberty of giving him math sheets 2 to 3 times per week. Again, no complaining. He is a bright kid and loves to learn.
Seth asks for "homework" too, so I do my best to keep him busy while Sean does his work. Seth will be in pre2, which is his second year of preschool. He'll go M, W, F.

Simon is 18months now and into absolutely EVERYTHING. He climbs, he runs, he throws balls. Nothing but boy!!! I love it!

I am so blessed to have 3 BEAUTIFUL, healthy and loving little boys.
I look forward to sharing them with you.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Karly. I'm impressed with the blogging. Thanks for keeping us ohioans updated.
K

Ham Fam said...

yay! i'm excited that you are going to blog again! it is such a neat way to keep everyone in the loop. i hope open house and the first day of school go well. i'm sure he's excited! i went to open house tonight to meet my first graders and parents- and introduce them to my sub. :)nothing like the excitement of a first grader!!! too precious!
we'll keep checking in.
danielle

Anonymous said...

excited you are blogging again, we love hearing about what all goes on down there with you guys! :-)

Especially Heather said...

It was so nice to hear from you...blogging is a great way to keep friends and family informed :)

hope to talk to you soon!

-H